Termite Control In Northern California
Termites are responsible for over $5 billion in damages to homes across the United States every year. That’s more damage than fires, earthquakes, and tornadoes combined! When you partner with Barrier Pest Solutions, however, it’s easy to prevent your home from becoming part of that statistic.
When you trust your local experts for termite treatment in Northern California, we will:
- Perform a comprehensive inspection of your home to identify signs of termite activity.
- Communicate our findings with you and create a custom treatment plan.
- Treat subterranean termites with Termidor, which eliminates termites upon contact through ingestion.
- Schedule a fumigation appointment for drywood termite infestations.
- Repair termite damage to ensure your home is structurally sound.
Termite Inspections Done Right
Termite infestations often go unnoticed because their damage isn’t always visible, and termites are often confused with other insects like flying ants. That’s why it’s important to always trust the professionals when it comes to a termite inspections. If you suspect your home has a termite problem or if you want a second opinion, trust Barrier Pest Solutions.
Types of Termites in California
There are over 2,000 different species of termites in the world. Luckily, there are only three kinds that are common here in California, which are the Pacific dampwood termite, Formosan termite, western drywood termite. As locals, we have firsthand experience with them all and know that each species needs its own unique treatment.
Pacific Dampwood Termites
As their name suggests, dampwood termites need high-moisture wood to survive. Wood-to-ground contact in a home’s construction often leads to an infestation, although these insects can also infest trees, poles, bridge supports, and other structures. They swarm when it’s warm and humid, typically between late summer and early fall.
Formosan termites are a subspecies of subterranean termite, so they spend the majority of their time underground. These termites are regarded as aggressive and extremely destructive. Their colonies have several million members, which allows them to destroy structures much faster than other species. They swarm in the late spring or early summer.
Western Drywood Termite
Unlike the other species, the western drywood termite doesn’t need moisture to survive, making them incredibly hardy. They eat across the wood grain rather than parallel to it, leaving behind distinctive damage. Western drywood termites swarm from September to November, but can also swarm year-round if temperatures are warm enough.
Signs of a Termite Infestation
It’s important to act quickly when it comes to termites. While only a professional can confirm you have a termite problem, there are some signs that you can look out for. These include:
- Mud tubes: Thin, cylindrical tubes running from the ground to the foundation of your home. They protect termites and keep them moist as they travel.
- Hollow-sounding wood: Termites eat wood and sometimes chew through the middle, leaving a hollow shell left behind.
- Buckling floors: Damage to the subfloor or structural supports can cause floors to buckle and squeak.
- Peeling paint: Termites introduce excess moisture into your home, which causes paint on the walls and ceiling to bubble or peel.
- Discarded wings: After a swarm lands, termites lose their wings. This forms piles of wings comparable to fish scales, often near doors or windows.
Free Home Wellness Checks for Peace of Mind
Your home is your biggest investment, so make sure it’s protected with our Home Wellness Checks. We offer this service every two years for existing customers. Our experienced termite exterminators will carefully inspect your home for signs of a termite infestation or dry rot damage, which is caused by a wood-destroying fungus. If we find anything wrong, we’ll work with you to build a treatment plan to make your home safe once again.
Should pests persist in between scheduled treatments, simply let us know and we'll re-service your home for no additional cost to you. That's our guarantee to you!
Areas We Service in Sacramento
As a local business, we’re proud to help people throughout our community achieve pest-free homes. We do this by providing outstanding customer service and guaranteed results to everyone we work with. See the difference yourself!